Lootadeal.com provides you with a great shopping experience and delivers value on our assortment of products and services. Information you share with lootadeal.com allows us to optimize your shopping experience and to ensure that we are delivering value to all our customers throughout our assortment of products and services.
This Terms and Conidtion (this “Policy”) provides you with information related to how lootadeal.com, Ltd., d/b/a lootadeal.com and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively “Lootadeal,” “lootadeal,” “Lootadeal.com,” “lootadeal.com,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) collect, use, protect, and disclose your personal information (including name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, payment card information, and other information which alone or in combination could be used to identify you (also sometimes referred to as “individually identifiable information”) and non-personal information (defined as information that excludes your name, address, email address, and other individually identifiable information).
We operate lootadeal retail stores, the lootadeal.com websites (each, a “Website,” and collectively, our “Websites”), the lootadeal.com mobile applications on the iOS and Android operating systems (our “Apps”), and various social media accounts (including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and Instagram). This Policy applies to information obtained in connection with our operations at or through our retail stores, Websites, Apps, social media accounts, and any other lootadeal-owned or controlled websites, applications, services, platforms, surveys, programs, promotions, and tools that reference or link to this Policy and their corresponding features (each, a “Site,” and collectively, our “Sites”). Visitors to our Sites are sometimes referred to in this Policy as “you” or “your.”
lootadeal allows third-party sellers to list and sell their Goods on the Website (each a “Third Party Seller”). lootadeal will indicate on relevant product pages and checkout pages when Goods are for sale by a Third-Party Seller. Certain terms in these Terms and Conditions only apply to purchases from Third-Party Sellers, and others only apply to purchases from lootadeal. This will be made clear in the relevant clause.
These Terms and Conditions apply to users who visit lootadeal
These Terms and Conditions contain provisions that appear in similar text and style to this clause and which –
- may limit the risk or liability of lootadeal or a third party; and/or
- may create risk or liability for the user; and/or
- may compel the user to indemnify lootadeal or a third party; and/or
- serves as an acknowledgment, by the user, of a fact.
If there is any provision in these Terms and Conditions that you do not understand, it is your responsibility to ask lootadeal to explain it to you before you accept the Terms and Conditions or continue using the Website.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended or must be understood to unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any right or obligation, as the case may be, created for either you or lootadeal in terms of the Consumer Protection Laws.
lootadeal permits the use of this Website subject to the Terms and Conditions. By using this Website in any way, you shall be deemed to have accepted all the Terms and Conditions unconditionally. You must not use this Website if you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Please refer to our Returns Policy for more information about returning products (and related refunds, replacements or repairs). The Returns Policy is incorporated by reference (which means that it forms part of these Terms and Conditions).
Registration and use of the website
- Only registered users may order Goods on the Website.
- You agree and warrant that your username and password shall:
- be used for personal use only; and
- not be disclosed by you to any third party.
- For security purposes you agree to enter the correct username and password whenever ordering Goods, failing which you will be denied access.
- You agree that, once the correct username and password relating to your account have been entered, irrespective of whether the use of the username and password is unauthorized or fraudulent, you will be liable for payment of such order, save where the order is cancelled by you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- You agree to notify lootadeal immediately upon becoming aware of or reasonably suspecting any unauthorised access to or use of your username and password and to take steps to mitigate any resultant loss or harm.
- By using the Website you warrant that you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and of full legal capacity. If you are under the age of 18 (eighteen) or if you are not legally permitted to enter into a binding agreement, then you may use the Website only with the involvement and supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If your parent or legal guardian supervises you and gives his/her consent, then such person agrees to be bound to these Terms and Conditions and to be liable for you and all your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- You agree that you will not in any way use any device, software or other instruments to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website. In addition, you agree that you will not in any way use any robot, spider, other automatic devices, or manual process to monitor, copy, distribute or modify the Website or the information contained herein, without the prior written consent from an authorised lootadeal representative (such consent is deemed given for standard search engine technology employed by Internet search websites to direct Internet users to this Website).
- You may not use the Website to distribute material which is defamatory, offensive, contains or amounts to hate speech or is otherwise unlawful.
- You may not in any way display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use the Website and/or the information contained therein without the express prior written consent of an authorised lootadeal representative.
Conclusion of sales and availability of stock
Registered users may place orders for Goods, which lootadeal or the Third-Party Seller may accept or reject. Whether or not lootadeal or the Third-Party Seller accepts an order depends on the availability of Goods, correctness of the information relating to the Goods (including without limitation the price) and receipt of payment or payment authorisation by lootadeal for the Goods.
NOTE: lootadeal or the Third-Party Seller will indicate the acceptance of your order by delivering the Goods to you or allowing you to collect them, and only at that point will an agreement of sale between you and lootadeal or the Third-Party Seller come into effect (the “Sale”). This is regardless of any communication from lootadeal stating that your order or payment has been confirmed. Lootadeal will indicate the rejection of your order (by lootadeal itself or the Third-Party Seller) by cancelling it and, as soon as possible thereafter, refunding you for any amount already paid.
- Prior to delivery or your collection of the Goods, you may cancel an order at any time provided you do so before receiving a dispatch or delivery notice. After delivery or your collection of the Goods, you may return the Goods only in accordance with the Returns Policy.
- Placing Goods in a wishlist or shopping basket without completing the purchase cycle does not constitute an order for such Goods, and as such, Goods may be removed from the shopping basket if stock is no longer available or the price thereof might change without notice to you. You cannot hold lootadeal or the Third-Party Seller liable if such Goods are not available or are not available at the particular price when you complete or attempt to complete the purchase cycle at a later stage.
- You acknowledge that the stock of all Goods on offer is limited and that pricing may change at any time without notice to you. In the case of Goods for sale by lootadeal, lootadeal will take all reasonable efforts to monitor stock levels and ensure that when stock is no longer available, that offers thereof are discontinued on the Website. However, we cannot guarantee the availability of stock. When Goods are no longer available after you have placed an order, lootadeal will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of any amount already paid by you for such Goods.
- In the case of Goods for sale by a Third-Party Seller, lootadeal relies on inventory information supplied by the relevant Third Party Seller and lootadeal accordingly bears no liability for any inaccuracies in the information supplied to it. Consequently, should you order any Goods from a Third-Party Seller which are in fact sold-out, any resulting dispute should be resolved between you and the relevant Third Party Seller, your respective rights and obligations being as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- Certain Goods may not be purchased for resale. Should we suspect that any such Goods are being purchased for sale, we are entitled to cancel your order immediately on notice to you.
- Please see details relating to Pre-orders in our FAQ’s: Pre-Order, which are incorporated by reference.
We are committed to providing secure online payment facilities. All transactions are encrypted using appropriate encryption technology.
lootadeal may change accepted payment methods at any time without notice. When you present your payment online, you guarantee that you have the right to use that form of payment. We do not accept personal checks, money orders, or cash payments for online transactions. We may require credit cards and debit cards to be issued by an institution in the United States, Canada and/or in the jurisdiction where you are located and to be linked to a billing address in the same jurisdiction. For products purchased from our Sites using a credit card, an authorization hold may be placed on your credit card when you place an order. We do not charge you for an item until a shipping label has been generated for your item, the item in your order is delivered to the carrier or picked up in the store, as applicable. For products purchased from our Sites using a gift card, a card authorization hold in the amount of the full purchase price will be applied to your gift card when you place the order and the value will be deducted from your gift card once a shipping label has been generated for your item, the item is delivered to the carrier or when you pick up your item(s) in the store, as applicable. If your gift card value is less than the value of your purchase, an additional form of payment will be required. If an order for an item purchased with a gift card is cancelled, the card authorization hold in the amount applicable to the cancelled item will be released and the applicable funds will remain on your gift card.
Delivery of goods
- Lootadeal offers 2 (two) methods of delivery of Goods to you. You may elect delivery via:
- courier; or
- self-collection (limited to specific items)
- For more information about delivery, please see our FAQs: Shipping and Delivery, which are incorporated into these Terms by reference. Our delivery charges are subject to change at any time, without prior notice to you, so please check the FAQs for the most up-to-date information. You will see the applicable delivery charges in your cart when you check out.
- Where it accepts your order, lootadeal or the Third-Party Seller will deliver the Goods to you as soon as reasonably possible, but no later than 35 (thirty-five) days of receipt of your payment (“Delivery Period”). We will notify you if we are unable to deliver the Goods during the Delivery Period. You may then, within 7 (seven) days of receiving such notification elect whether or not to cancel your order for the Goods. If you elect to cancel your order, we will reimburse you for the purchase price.
- lootadeal’s obligation to deliver a product to you is fulfilled when we deliver the product to the physical address nominated by you for delivery of the order. lootadeal is not responsible for any loss or unauthorised use of a product after it has been delivered the product to the physical address nominated by you.
- We shall take all reasonable efforts to accurately reflect the description, availability, purchase price and delivery charges of Goods on the Website. However, should there be any errors of whatsoever nature on the Website (which are not due to our gross negligence), we shall not be liable for any loss, claim or expense relating to a transaction based on any error, save – in the case of any incorrect purchase price – to the extent of refunding you for any amount already paid, or otherwise as set out in the Returns Policy.
- lootadeal shall not be bound by any incorrect information regarding our Goods displayed on any Third-Party Websites.
lootadeal’s mission is to sell and recommend what really matters. We independently review products to help you find just what you need. Our goal is to save you time and eliminate the stress of shopping, whether you’re looking for everyday gear or gifts for loved ones. Read more about our Affiliate Disclosure and Disclaimers
lootadeal will indicate on relevant product pages and checkout pages when Goods are for sale by a Third-Party Seller. In such cases, lootadeal only provides the platform to facilitate transactions between Third-Party Sellers and lootadeal customers. lootadeal is neither the buyer nor the seller of these Goods unless otherwise specified.
- The Sale formed on acceptance of your order for Goods that are for sale by a Third-Party Seller is therefore solely between the registered user and such Third-Party Seller. lootadeal is not a party to that sale.
- The Third-Party Seller is solely responsible for the fulfilment of the delivery of the Goods. The Third-Party Seller is also responsible to provide an invoice to the registered user if required.
- Not all Third-Party Sellers are registered VAT (Value-Added Tax) vendors. Only Third-Party Sellers who are registered VAT vendors may charge VAT on Goods sold and issue a tax invoice in respect thereof. If a Third-Party Seller is not a registered VAT Vendor, it may not charge VAT on Goods sold and will not be in a position to issue a tax invoice in respect thereof.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
- lootadeal may, in its sole discretion, change any of these Terms and Conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to regularly check these Terms and Conditions and make sure that you are satisfied with the changes. Should you not be satisfied, you must not place any further orders on, or in any other way use, the Website.
- Any such change will only apply to your use of this Website after the change is displayed on the Website. If you use the Website after such amended Terms and Conditions have been displayed on the Website, you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
Ownership and copyright
- The contents of the Website, including any material, information, data, software, icons, text, graphics, layouts, images, sound clips, advertisements, video clips, trade names, logos, trade-marks, designs and service marks which are displayed on or incorporated in this Website (“Website Content”) are protected by law, including but not limited to copyright and trademark law. The Website Content is the property of lootadeal and affiliate partner, its advertisers and/or sponsors and/or is licensed to lootadeal.
- You will not acquire any right, title or interest in or to the Website or the Website Content.
- Any use, distribution or reproduction of the Website Content is prohibited unless expressly authorised in terms of these Terms and Conditions or otherwise provided for in law. To obtain permissions for the commercial use of any Website Content contact us via our Help page.
- Where any of the Website Content has been licensed to lootadeal or belongs to any third party, your rights of use will also be subject to any terms and conditions which that licensor or third party imposes from time to time and you agree to comply with such third party terms and conditions.